Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Family Ties

So, it must be obvious to most that the family history is of great interest to me and I am now in touch with  cousin Rafal in Poland who is also very interested in this subject - he has just sent me some material and some information that I was not aware of before and that I thought I'd share here for anyone interested in knowing more...

I received material from Rafal regarding Andrzej Olszowski, of whom I've written earlier.This blog entry really pertains to his parents and grandparents ...namely Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski  – a famous Polish renaissance political writer and His mother was Zofia Dunin, daughter of Krzysztof Koniecpolski and Zofia Koniecpolska...The Koniecpolscy family was one of the most powerful magnate families in 17th century Poland – check  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanis%C5%82aw_Koniecpolski

So, this just shows that by any standard based on pedigree I should really be a brilliant Politician, Warrior, Philosopher and Empire builder, but I am not...



I am a happy Father of Four and who knows, maybe my Fab Four will each take their pick of  the lot of qualities (?) sent down through history and make their mark in the family annals...

And maybe they will be living in something similiar to this four up, four down for their families??

My contribution to this will be by going skiing in Sierra Nevada with the kids tomorrow before going back to work on Monday...

By the way, Christmas lasts longer in Spain...on Thursday the Three Wise Men will be passing through town on their Camels...and well behaved children will finally be getting their presents ...and I am going to see if I can find those today...

No comments:

Blog Archive